Our Terms and Conditions
- A reservation is made once a booking form, together with deposit, has been received from you and confirmed in writing by us or, when booking through our website, you receive your booking confirmation by email. Provisional reservations may be made by telephone or email, as long as a completed booking form follows within 10 days. For reservations within 10 weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday a completed booking form and full payment must follow within 48 hours of a provisional booking.
- The balance must be paid not less than 10 weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. The date the balance is payable will be advised by us when we confirm your booking. Unless notice of cancellation is received prior to the balance payment date, balance monies will remain due and payable.
- If you book a place in a twin ensuite we shall endeavour to find you a fellow guest to take the other place. Unfortunately, because we shall incur further costs, if we fail to do so, we shall contact you before the balance is due on the holiday, to let you know how much the single supplement would be to have the room to yourself and keep the booking. We quite understand if you don't want to pay the supplement, so you may cancel your booking and your deposit will be returned.
- No increase will be made to the prices stated in this brochure in respect of these holidays. The price you see is the maximum price you will pay. Speyside Wildlife holidays are fully inclusive of meals, accommodation, transport and entrance fees as detailed in the brochure. Not included are travel insurance and items of a personal nature. Where guests incur expenditure for telephone calls, drinks etc, this bill must be settled by you, prior to departure. Last minute discounts may be available through the office. Any changes in prices in respect of these will be detailed on an individual basis, prior to your booking being made.
- If you cancel a booking the deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel any holiday less than 10 weeks prior to commencement, all balance monies will be forfeit. Once balance monies have been paid, rather than cancelling, you are at liberty to transfer your booking to another person, provided sufficient notice is given to us and it is possible for us to make the substitution. In this event any transfer costs arising must be borne by you. In addition, you are at liberty to transfer an existing booking to another holiday within the same year, any time up to 4 weeks prior to the balance monies being due. Again any transfer costs must be borne by you. An administration charge of £40 will be levied on each and any transfer.
- Speyside Wildlife will do everything possible to ensure that your holiday runs as described in the brochure. In the unlikely event that this is not possible we shall advise you at the earliest opportunity of any significant alterations. Any alterations so made will be of a similar quality to those described in the brochure. No responsibility can be held by Speyside Wildlife for any holiday altered or cancelled due to reasons beyond our control, under circumstances which could not be avoided and where alternative arrangements cannot be made. In the event of cancellation all monies will be returned promptly to you in full. We do, however, reserve the right to cancel any holiday up to 10 weeks prior to departure, should insufficient reservations have been made. In this instance again all monies paid will be refunded in full.
- Speyside Wildlife cannot be responsible for any loss or damage to personal items, or for personal accident or injury. Guests are therefore strongly recommended to take out personal insurance against cancellation charges and other loss or injury. To this end, we have arranged suitable cover. If you wish this to apply, please contact Arthur J Gallagher of Fort William on 01397 705858. Clients booked on flight-based holidays must have sufficient personal cover prior to travel. If you do not wish to use our insurer, then a copy of the policy you take out must be provided to Speyside Wildlife. We shall take responsibility should the services detailed in the holiday descriptions not be of a suitable standard. We shall also take responsibility for any acts or omissions by ourselves which result in any loss or injury to you. We cannot however take responsibility for any loss or injury resulting from any act or omission by persons over whom we have no control.
- If you have a complaint, would you please notify us as soon as possible in order that the matter can be dealt with promptly.
- All names and addresses on the Speyside Wildlife mailing list are held on computer. Names are automatically deleted after 3 years if no booking is made. No information so stored will ever be passed to a third party. If however you object to your name and address being stored, please inform us and we shall remove your details.
- All clients booked on a non-UK holiday must be in possession of a valid passport. Full details of requirements for a specific holiday will be sent when we confirm your booking.
- Speyside Wildlife complies with the requirements set out in Statutory Instrument 1992 No 3288 'The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992'. Speyside Wildlife also holds an ATOL (Air Travel Organisers Licence) No 4259, issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in the name of Suzanne Dowden trading as Speyside Wildlife.
- Your Financial Protection
All passengers booking a non-flight based holiday with Speyside Wildlife are fully protected against the loss of all monies paid to us in advance (and repatriation if applicable) in the event of our insolvency, by way of a Trust Account, administered by Peter Munro & Co, Chartered/Certified Accountants, Kingussie. Tel number 01540 661360.
All the flight-inclusive holidays on this website and in our brochure are financially protected by the ATOL Scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLcertificate. (Civil Aviation Authority ATOL Standard Term 1.1)
CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY ATOL STANDARD TERMS
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. (Civil Aviation Authority ATOL Standard Term 1.5)
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought, or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). (Civil Aviation Authority ATOL Standard Term 1.7A)
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit, you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claims against us (CAA), the travel agent (tour operator), or your credit card issuer where applicable. You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme. (Civil Aviation Authority StandardTerm 1.7B)